Kipawa.net
The Kipawa Discussion Board

AlbumPhotos  FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups 
 RegisterRegister  kipawa.comKipawa.com WeatherWeather OutfittersOutfittersOutfittersRules ProfileProfile
 Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lake Erie Walleye, Bucket Charters, 7-8 June 2014 Trip Repor

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dog
Northern Pike
Northern Pike

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:31 pm    Post subject: Lake Erie Walleye, Bucket Charters, 7-8 June 2014 Trip Repor Reply with quote

Lake Erie, Walleye Weekend, Bucket Charters Report, June 7th & 8th 2014.

http://www.bucketscharters.com/

We decided to do a weekend walleye trip with Bucket Charters on Lake Erie this year to get primed for Canada. Dog organized the trip and it included two boats (5 people per boat), for both days. The participants for this trip included: Dog, Flag, Unc, Pike, Deuce, Eric, Jason, Andy, Joe, Robin, and Bobby.

Saturday
The Saturday participants rendezvoused at the Lake Erie marina and loaded into the two Bucket Charter boats with Captain Ken (1st Mate Doug- Dog, Jason, Eric, Pike and Andy) and Captain Mark (1st Mate Todd – Flag, Unc, Robin, Joe, and Deuce) at their respective helms. By 0600’ish we were pushing off from the dock and heading to hunt some Lake Erie eyes…
After a commute west it was time to get some lines wet and the 1st mates wasted no time getting the planar boards rigged up and all lines deployed. The walleye action in terms of quantity was pretty consistent across both boats on Saturday. Capt Ken’s crew came back to the dock with 13 walleye and Capt Mark’s crew with 12 walleye to filet. No one is really interested in reading anymore, so here are some pictures from Saturday June 7th on Capn Ken’s boat:

Pike lands the first keeper walleye once on station…

Then Jason gets one…

Then Pike lands this behometh 10 pound pig!

Then Pike, Dog and Andy get a triple header going…

Dog’s 1st Lake Erie walleye…

Andy’s first one of the trip…

Pike’s portion of the triple play went right into the cooler since he was still too excited about his previous lunker to take a picture.
Eric got in on the action with this beauty…

Then Andy answered the bell with this beast…

And since that wasn’t enough, he backed it up with this one…

Then Jason was feeling left out so he reeled this bad boy in…

And then 1st Mate Doug showed off his netting skills and landed both these hogs… they bit, so they died!

The biggest walleye of Dog’s life…

And the walleye that change ‘Pike’ to ‘Dime’ because this was his 2nd 10 lb walleye of the morning! (pictured with my 7.5 lber above)

And then Jason landed another 10lb walleye!

These are no joke, legit 10 lb walleye folks!!! Here’s the readout from Jasons above…

Here’s the final tally from Capn Ken’s boat for roughly 6 hours of fishing on Saturday June 7th!

From Saturday June 7th on Capn Mark’s boat:
Deuce starts out the walleye filet party with this one…

Then Robin gets on the board…

Then Unc lands this soon to be tasty morsel…

Then Flag reels in this beast!!!

Then Joe gets his first walleye…

Robin answers back with this beauty…

Joe got a bigger one to add to the cooler…

Unc shows them how it’s done by going back to back!

Not to be outdone, Robin says anything you can do I can do better!

The Final Tally from Capn Mark’s boat on Saturday…

In addition to the 25 walleye kept, we caught a handful of perch, (white and smallmouth) bass and 4 dozen or so ‘goats’… so in total we easily reeled in over 70 fish between the two boats… the action was steady and extremely exciting because today all of members on both boats caught the biggest walleye of their lives!

Sunday
At 0415 the alarm clock went off… so we stumbled back to the marina and by 0500 we were loaded back up on the boats for another day on the water hunting walleyes!!!
Captain Ken (1st Mate Doug- Dog, Flag, Bob, and Andy) and Captain Mark (1st Mate Ryan –Unc, Robin, Joe, Deuce, and Dime) were the pairings for today’s festivities.
Sunday was a day of “no more” allowed on Capn Ken’s boat as we limited out in 5 hours on the water. I’ll save you all the individual glamour shots and summarize it with this kill shot, enough said!

Capn Mark’s boat pulled in another 12 keeper walleyes today but I wasn’t able to get any of the pictures to share before we left the marina.

Final Thoughts
Simply an awesome weekend of walleye hunting.

Captain Ken and Captain Mark provided a superb charter service utilizing reliable boats, superb gear and tackle. They were easy going and a real pleasure to work with from my first email inquiry through the farewell handshakes. I would definitely recommend their service to anyone looking for a charter on Lake Erie!

If you have never fished for walleye on Lake Erie with a Charter (like all of us), you are missing out!!!
I regret not making this trip happen sooner… It’s a whole new (and very different) world of walleye fishing on Lake Erie. In case you can’t tell, I can’t say enough good things about this trip and Bucket Charters. Find time and do it!
RHYBAK

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow
Those are some mighty fine looking walleyes.
puckster_guy
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Bass

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An amazing storey and pictures. I have an idea of what you guys did. I used to for several years with friends go on Salmon charters on lake Ontario landing some great 20lbs. plus beuties. Those trips were always great fun landing many nice fish....good for you guys

joe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kipawa.net Forum Index -> Kipawa Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: