Kipawa.net
The Kipawa Discussion Board

AlbumPhotos  FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups 
 RegisterRegister  kipawa.comKipawa.com WeatherWeather OutfittersOutfittersOutfittersRules ProfileProfile
 Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tagged Walleye

View previous topic :: View next topic  
christinam
Perch
Perch

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:26 pm    Post subject: Tagged Walleye Reply with quote

If you catch a Walleye with a white tag near the second dorsal fin please report the tag #, date and location of capture as well as if the fish was released or harvested.

Tagged fish have been released in the Edward's Narrows (Hunter Lake/Lac Bedout) area of Kipawa Lake, although they may travel large distances throughout the watershed.

I am a graduate student in Fisheries and Aquatic Science with the University of Florida as my major project I am doing an assessment of catch and release survival rates for Walleye. Your participation and reporting of tagged fish is appreciated. Please provide your contact info as well so that your name may be entered into a draw for prizes.

You may report tagged fish via email christina159@ufl.edu or by phone 705-980-1228.

Thank you,

Christina Moreau
600 miles north
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Bass

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is a great thing you are doing. I am very curious to hear about the results you find and hope you will share them with us. I suspect many people on this discussion board and the kipawafishingforum will be very interested to hear of your findings.

Can I ask how many fish were tagged, and also were they caught or netted from kipawa, tagged and released or were they introduced to the lake from a fishery?

I am very curious about your results of their migrations and impacts catch and release have on the fish. Nice work and good luck with your venture.

Brad
600 miles north
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Bass

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone out there know of any results that came about from this tagging project on lac Kipawa?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8G2CtzOe3c

Brad
DBLNUT

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My son caught 2 tagged fish about an hour apart from one another below the Butney narrows on our 2012 trip. We kept 1 and released the other. The tag read, Eagle River Land management, #2053, PH#819-627-3455.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kipawa.net Forum Index -> Kipawa Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: