Kipawa.net
The Kipawa Discussion Board

AlbumPhotos  FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups 
 RegisterRegister  kipawa.comKipawa.com WeatherWeather OutfittersOutfittersOutfittersRules ProfileProfile
 Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3 Weeks!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DustyHill2
Perch
Perch

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:08 am    Post subject: 3 Weeks! Reply with quote

Well, in 3 weeks I'll be sitting here at work thinking... is this day ever going to end? I want to leave!!!

Yep, that's right, 3 weeks and 8 hours until we leave for our annual trip to Fox Lodge on Lake Kipawa. Unlike most others here we don't go to fish. We go to relax, read, get away from it all. A lot of my time will be spent constructing something or just replacing logs in the main cabin.

Can't wait to arrive in the A.M. of July 3rd and not leave until the 12th! Also, can't wait to meet up with Rod Miller, Ian (and his Wife and extended family). It's been a while since seeing Rod and Ian and looking forward to the stories and maybe having some Bleues together!

I know people have talked about how bad the black flies and skeeters are and I'm sure we'll need some spray. The nice thing about Fox Island is there generally is a nice breeze through there and keeps them away for the most part!

Enjoy your trips this season and always enjoy reading the fishing reports even if we don't fish. Can't wait for fish fry night with Rod & Ian! Smile
DustyHill2
Perch
Perch

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, down to 2 weeks... it's going quick!

The 9 days of dinner have been mostly planned. Most food that we are taking is coming out of the freezer. Next up will be going next week and getting books for the trip at the Library.

Guess I should find some Deet to take along. Maybe all the bugs and skeeters will be gone in 2 weeks! I know, wishful thinking!
RHYBAK

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found this really worked well last year

http://www.off.ca/en-ca/Products/Pages/OFF-Clip-On.aspx#off-clip-on-mosquito-repellent
puckster_guy
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Bass

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how cool I could've used one last week. the sprays only last a couple of hours. I wasn't sure if they worked thanks.
DustyHill2
Perch
Perch

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We leave Wednesday! Going to do some packing tonight. Not going to have a whole lot with us this year. Food and clothes is all we need. Let's hope the weather hold out up there again for us this year!
kipawarod
Walleye
Walleye

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Iceman,

Don't forget the ice! I had to come home to see if I could have something done with my knee. I will see you at Fox. Ian is getting anxious. Remind me to show you my bug gear.
DustyHill2
Perch
Perch

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear ya Rod! Very Happy I'm getting more than anxious myself! Hope you can get the knee fixed! We leave tomorrow night and will arrive Thursday morning. Too close now! I'm about counting the minutes! Smile

Have a safe trip back up and see you soon!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kipawa.net Forum Index -> Kipawa Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: