Kipawa.net
The Kipawa Discussion Board

AlbumPhotos  FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups 
 RegisterRegister  kipawa.comKipawa.com WeatherWeather OutfittersOutfittersOutfittersRules ProfileProfile
 Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

who started this venture up?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dog
Northern Pike
Northern Pike

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:55 pm    Post subject: who started this venture up? Reply with quote

http://www.kipawafishingforum.net/

I see some familiar members on it but it looks brand new. I'm guessing someone who use to patron this site created it... just curious.
T-Bone

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brand new...and your assumptions are correct. I thought it was you, but another long-term member...
Dog
Northern Pike
Northern Pike

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

T-Bone wrote:
Brand new...and your assumptions are correct. I thought it was you, but another long-term member...

not me. I didn't do it this time.
Dog
Northern Pike
Northern Pike

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

T-Bone wrote:

not me. I didn't do it this time.
puckster_guy
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Bass

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just checked it out. How interesting I'm seeing many names from here already posting there. I hate to ask a dumb question BUT!! whats the diff? lets see how it plays out. There's a new kid on the block....
600 miles north
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Bass

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the reply of the new site creator... which is not me by the way. I copied it from the kipawa fishing forum to help answer some of your questions.

I just thought I would address the questions that have arisen as to why this board was created. I am not one who likes change very much and as i get older, I like it less. We have been board members of Kipawa.net for many years, and it has gotten to be a major part of our family. We very much like the comradery and feel of that board. We have met some really great people there.

Some of the reasons that led to this decision was the lack of ability to PM other members on the board. There are times that can be very convenient. Secondly, it would seem the admin on the other board due to reasons unknown to anyone has not been devoting time to the board and members. Some of the new members on here have said that they have not been able to get registered on Kipawa.net. Due to a software glitch, we were removed from the members list because we changed our email address in our profile over three weeks ago. We tried to give it some time and hopefully it would have gotten taken care of, but no luck.

If people like SnodT2120, Schneve, and Kent would have been accepted as new members or this software glitch would have been addressed or the PM's reinstated, Kipawa Fishing Forum would never have been born.

The best thing I can say is that we are all adults with a passion for fishing particularly in the Kipawa area and would love to create a happy familyhere.
T-Bone

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only negative I see with 'migrating' to the new forum is the loss of assets; pictures, information, history, trip reports, etc., but eventually it will build back up. I'll register over there when I get the chance later today. Lots of potential for the new forum...especially with an engaged site admin.

I'm with the new admin on keeping the functionality functioning Wink, so it's hard to see the new forum as a bad thing. Quite the contrary, evolution is a good thing in my eyes.

And, who knows...maybe this site's webmaster/admin is too busy to monkey with it any more, or maybe he's unable for any number of reasons. Either way, it is what it is.

As always...see you on the Board(s)...

puckster_guy
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Bass

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in agreement with T-Bone. Too much information here to lose out on. However we aren't getting any support here. I'm just gonna play it by ear. This place is like the pubs I used to frequent. Lots of new friends and always something to talk about. Smile
Oarin
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Bass

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said, Brad.
600 miles north
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Bass

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I most definitely plan on checking this site out everyday like I always do. Like T-bone said there is a wealth of knowledge here that is going to take a long time to compile on the other site, but its good to be able to do a few on the other site that haven't been working. So I am just looking at it as another place I can get my Kipawa fix...

Cheers!

Brad
RHYBAK

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kipawa.net Forum Index -> Kipawa Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: