Kipawa.net
The Kipawa Discussion Board

AlbumPhotos  FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups 
 RegisterRegister  kipawa.comKipawa.com WeatherWeather OutfittersOutfittersOutfittersRules ProfileProfile
 Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Whiskey Fox Passing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whiskey Fox
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Bass

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:28 am    Post subject: Whiskey Fox Passing Reply with quote

This is Walleye Ray posting with W.F.'s Log In:
It is with great sadness that I wish to report the untimely demise of my good buddy Bill McKay. He passed away last Sunday, April 13th, after a brief illness. At his wake last night, there were hundreds of mourners there to pay their last respects. He was characteristically clothed in his finest fishing garb. Today is the funeral, which I will be attending along with my wheel chair-bound wife.
As he recently posted, he was planning a trip to Grassy Lake with myself and my son Scott the first week of June. Just 10 days ago, we were starting to shop and pack for the trip, which is now in jeopardy. If anyone on the board has any questions, I will attempt to address them.

Ray Nicholls, AKA Walleye Ray and Real Walleye Ray.
puckster_guy
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Bass

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, how sad. Far too sudden. Thank You for bringing this. He may be with God but we need him here too. All my love and condolances to his family and you Walleye Ray. Bless you and be strong.
CaptainCrappie
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Bass

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The friendships and relationships that have and are being made on this web site are a such a blessing to us all. It's like we know each other whether we have actually met face to face, or not. One of our brothers, Whiskey Fox, has passed on and there is a part of this Kipawa Family that will mourn that passing. His love of the Kipawa area was very apparent and his trip reports always made us smile. Our sincere condolences are with his family. Someone once said to live each day as if it were your last, and one day, you will be right.
Whiskey, catch a big one for us!

C.C.
Jay Thomas
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Bass

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Ray:

Bill's passing is very sad news. My deepest condolences to his family and friends.

Jay
600 miles north
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Bass

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to miss looking for Whiskey Fox's trip report this year. He is usually one of the first to kick off the new year, of new adventures for us all. He was one of the members that I followed long before I myself was a member here. There are those handful of people on here that make this board what it is, and though I never met him face to face... shared PM's from time to time with him ( back when that used to work Wink) he seemed like a genuine person and am sad to hear of his passing. His family is in our thoughts and prayers...

Brad
Chad
Walleye
Walleye

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray,
Very sorry to hear of this. I have talked with him personally.
There is one thing you need to do for sure. GO ON YOUR TRIP!!
That is what he would have wanted.
-Chad
kipawa jim
Northern Pike
Northern Pike

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't been on the site in a while. What a shock to hear the news about Whiskey Fox! Although we never met, we had some correspondence over the years. He will always be fishing in Kipawa. Don't cancel your trip Ray.Keep a spot open for him in the boat. My deepest condolences. Good fishing brother.
moostash

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:45 am    Post subject: condolences Reply with quote

So sorry to hear of Whiskey's passing. I never had the chance to meet the man the legend but have read the posts for many years. Keep a tight line in heaven bro.
rambler

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very, very sad news. He was a big part of the Kipawa family. He will be missed. Eternal Memory!
T-Bone

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's terrible news...and it sounds like it came in a flash. So unfortunate in any case, but to happen suddenly just makes it worse.

Stay with the trip if at all possible. It would be a good way to put a celebratory cap on his time with you on those trips...and in life.

Thoughts and wishes for peace to you, his family, and friends.
KSmithy72
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Bass

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had not checked the site for a few days, and felt like I got slapped when I read your post. Whiskey Fox was one of the first guys to reach out to me when I joined the board ten plus years ago.

He was a wealth of knowledge and his willingness to share has made me a better fisherman.

Ray, sorry for you, my friend. I too hope you and Scott will head Nord. He would want that.

Prayers, Kevin
JOHNNY WALLEYE
Northern Pike
Northern Pike

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:21 am    Post subject: sad day Reply with quote

always a sad day at the passing of one of are members in my prayers.
Ian
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Bass

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A loss to our Kipawa family. Tight lines Whiskey Fox.

Ian
Whiskey Fox
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Bass

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 2:21 pm    Post subject: Grassy Lake Trip....1st week of June Reply with quote

Hello Gang:
Since we can't find a third to fill in for our Leader, Bill Mckay, Scott and I have decided to cancel our trip to Grassy. Am calling Jimmy Constant this afternoon to tell him the Bad News!
We will still have plenty of memories of Watson/Grassy trips to fill the void.

Regards, Ray Nicholls
Bill
Perch
Perch

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walleye Ray, Very sorry to hear about your good friend Whiskey Fox's passing. I don't frequent the board very much anymore and haven't posted since 2007 but do recall yourself & Whiskey Fox as being fun and stand up contributors who's info and comments I always appreciated back in the day.

May the good Lord welcome another Kipawa brother into that great fishing lake in the sky. Tight lines.
Whiskey Fox
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Bass

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To my father's online fishing brothers:

We found all of my father's logins and passwords and have been slowly logging in to each one to make sure we tie up all loose ends. My brothers and I were blessed to read each of your posts. Our father was one of a kind. They don't make them like him anymore... We know many will miss him in so many unique ways. Thank you for all of your well wishes. He would have been honored.

Here is a link to some pics and a video for those who care to see what the old fisherman looked like. Smile

http://www.bognerfamilyfuneralhome.com/obituaries/William-Mckay-2/#!/PhotosVideos

- The Family of Whiskey Fox
puckster_guy
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Bass

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whiskey Fox wrote:
To my father's online fishing brothers:

We found all of my father's logins and passwords and have been slowly logging in to each one to make sure we tie up all loose ends. My brothers and I were blessed to read each of your posts. Our father was one of a kind. They don't make them like him anymore... We know many will miss him in so many unique ways. Thank you for all of your well wishes. He would have been honored.

Here is a link to some pics and a video for those who care to see what the old fisherman looked like. Smile

Ty for the post I (we) appreciate it. You were blessed to have him as a father as we were to call him a friend. He has a apot of honor here on this site and in our hearts.

http://www.bognerfamilyfuneralhome.com/obituaries/William-Mckay-2/#!/PhotosVideos

Jay Thomas
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Bass

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whiskey Fox wrote:

Your memorial video was just simply outstanding!! Thanks so very much for sharing that with the kipawa.net family. RIP Whiskey Fox

Jay
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kipawa.net Forum Index -> Kipawa Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: