Kipawa.net
The Kipawa Discussion Board

AlbumPhotos  FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups 
 RegisterRegister  kipawa.comKipawa.com WeatherWeather OutfittersOutfittersOutfittersRules ProfileProfile
 Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kipawa Lodge report June 7-12

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Walleye Maven

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:20 am    Post subject: Kipawa Lodge report June 7-12 Reply with quote

10 men made it this year, our 48th annual family fishing trip.

Beautiful weather, rained out one night, and some good showers the next day.

Water level was normal, or up slightly.

Surface water temp. a little cool for this week @ 63 degrees.

Good fishing with jigs and leeches, took our limit home, and had a big meal each day.

Caught a few pike trolling and casting, but most of our time was spent dunkin' leeches for walleye.

Stayed at Kipawa Lodge again, top notch accommodations, very well run, clean camp. They are powered mostly by Solar now, so it is very quiet.
Except for our Amish neighbors that had to run their own generator, even though the camp had full power. (??) I asked them why, and they said they just wanted to help Wayne out..... Rolling Eyes ..probably more like some silly Amish rule. It wasn't that much noise, but totally unnecessary.

Biggest Pike 29" on a rippin' red fin

Biggest Walleye 21" on a Leech.

Keeper Walleye averaged 15-16"
600 miles north
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Bass

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

48 years sure is an amazing feat! I love hearing that many of the camps are going to solar. I have been thinking of doing that here at my house in Ohio for a year or so. Very expensive venture up front, but to even be semi off the grid here would be very cool. Definitely wouldn't be as efficient as further south with our gloomy winters, but as a back up for our well and septic system I am definitely considering it. It would be easier an cheaper up front to get a generator as back up, but I still have to pay for the gas, and so far no one is charging for sun usage!

Sounds like another great year on the lake up there. I am starting to get that itch to get up there. Thanks for being one of the first to kick off the new fishing season of trip reports, with many more to follow all summer long.

Cheers!
Brad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kipawa.net Forum Index -> Kipawa Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: