Kipawa.net
The Kipawa Discussion Board

AlbumPhotos  FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups 
 RegisterRegister  kipawa.comKipawa.com WeatherWeather OutfittersOutfittersOutfittersRules ProfileProfile
 Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trip Report 3 Seasons June 14-21st

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pike Mike
Perch
Perch

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:50 pm    Post subject: Trip Report 3 Seasons June 14-21st Reply with quote

Returned for our 15th (or 16th??)year to another great week with our host Reg. Water was high and warmer than expected (69' in some places). Mother nature was behind in some ways and ahead in others .Weather was unsettled all week with a few nights getting down to 5' C . With the unsettled weather we as a group never found a large number of bigger pickerel but caught many many nice fish none the less . 4 feeds of nice fresh pickerel were greatly enjoyed by our group of 5 . A few cloudy rain filled days provided good day time fishing primarily in hidden lake . Pike were not active in shoreline structure as per our usual but were found more trolling spoons deep . I caught a 7lb 14oz monster at the mouth of a small main lake tributary .We found some nice lakers along a different deep water rock wall face than most fish with my young son bringing in a 6.5lb beauty ,Our group members saw a bear and two moose on different occasions .As always Reg was great as were the facilities ,equipment and our week overall .Reg posted a selection of my varied photographs on the 3 Seasons Fb page
DustyHill2
Perch
Perch

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How were the Blackflies and the mosquitoes? We leave in 8 days to go to Ile du Fox!
Pike Mike
Perch
Perch

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:44 pm    Post subject: Black flies/ skitters / deer flies Reply with quote

The black flies were bearable .The skitters ,especially at about 1020pm were thick , the deer flies were just starting to come out as the temperatures rose .I think a few good long warm days should take care of the first two .We were prepared with plenty of bug spray and bug nets when necessary . After 11pm the bugs were almost non-existant while sitting around the fire on a number of late nights
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kipawa.net Forum Index -> Kipawa Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: